This visa is for studying in the Argentine Republic for a period exceeding 365 days. Applications for this visa may only be submitted at the Consular Office of the Argentine Republic in the place of residence of the foreign national.
Applications are personal and the applicant must submit the following documents (an original and a copy) at the Consular Office:
- Passport valid for at least six (6) months at the time of entering Argentina, with at least two (2) blank pages.
- Two (2) current 4 x 4 cm photographs, facing the camera, printed in colour, on a white background.
- Visa application form filled out (preferably in electronic format) and signed by the applicant.
- Program of study.
- Electronic filing of the student data by the educational institution in the National Directorate of Migration.
- The educational institution must be duly registered with the National Registry of Petitioners on behalf of Foreign Applicants of Argentina (RENURE) and have their inscription number. If the host is not registered with RENURE, please call (54-11) 4317-0200/0303/0337 to complete the registration.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover stay and study expenses (consular authorities may request copies of bank account statements, credit card statements, or other).
- In the case of travellers aged 16 or older, an apostilled or legalized certificate of good conduct issued by the competent authority of the countries where they resided for more than one year over the previous three years.
- In the case of travellers aged 16 or older, commitment to tell the truth or sworn affidavit of their lack of a criminal record in other countries, signed before the consul.
- Payment of migration fee.
- Payment of consular fee: 250 US dollars or euros, depending on the Consular Office where the application is filed. The fee must be paid in the local currency of the Representation.
- Consular interview.
- If the student is a minor, authorization by both parents in order to apply for the visa and the name of the tutor responsible in Argentina.
Please note that Consular authorities may require supplementary or additional documents where deemed necessary.
FULFILMENT OF ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE GRANTING OF A VISA, WHICH REMAINS AT THE EXCLUSIVE OPTION OF THE ARGENTINE STATE.
To begin the visa application procedure, please contact the relevant Consular Office in order to make an appointment and submit the required documents.