ANNUAL QUOTA: 200 VISAS
Korean citizens who wish to enter the Argentine Republic within the framework of the Agreement between the Argentina and the Republic of Korea on a Working Holiday Programme must obtain the relevant visa. The working holiday visa shall be issued to Korean nationals who meet the following requirements at the time of submitting the application:
- They are Korean nationals who reside in the Republic of Korea
- They hold a Korean passport valid for at least the duration of their estimated stay in the country;
- They are aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30), both inclusive;
- They are not travelling accompanied by dependent family members, unless they get their own visa;
- They have not previously taken part in the Programme;
- They have no criminal record;
- They have sufficient funds for their maintenance during the initial period of their stay;
- They have a return ticket to their home country or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket;
- They hold medical and accident insurance including hospitalization and repatriation in case of sickness or death for the 12 months of authorized stay;
- They pay all fees required for the issuance of the visa.
Applicants are reminded that, upon obtaining a Working Holiday Visa, they will be authorized to stay in Argentina for a period of up to twelve (12) months, non-renewable. They may enter into and leave Argentina and work as an incidental aspect of their holiday in order to supplement their travel funds.
How to apply for the Work and Holiday Visa
The visa application is personal and must be submitted along with the following documentation (original and copies) in the Argentine Embassy in the Republic of Korea:
- Valid Korean passport with at least one blank page;
- Completed visa application form;
- One front face photograph (4x4 cm) on white background;
- A criminal record search certificate issued by Korean authorities stating that the applicant has no criminal record for the last three years;
- An affidavit stating that the applicant has no criminal record in other countries;
- A return ticket to the Republic of Korea or a proof of sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket;
- Proof of sufficient funds for the applicant's maintenance during the initial period of stay (a minimum of US dollars $2.500). This requirement may be fulfilled by submitting bank statements for the last three months or credit card statements;
- A reservation or a budget for medical and accident insurance for a minimum of US dollar $30,000, including repatriation of human remains and sanitary repatriation;
- A payment receipt for the visa if applicable;
- A motivation letter stating that the main purpose of the trip is to vacation in Argentina, being work an incidental aspect of the visit.
The fulfillment of these requirements does not guarantee the grant of a visa as this is an exclusive prerogative of the Argentine Government.