ANNUAL QUOTA: 400 VISAS
Polish citizens who wish to enter the Argentine Republic within the framework of the Agreement between the Argentina and the Republic of Poland on a Working Holiday Programme must obtain the relevant visa. The working holiday visa shall be issued to Polish nationals who meet the following requirements at the time of submitting the application:
- They are Polish nationals who go to the Argentinean Embassy in the Republic of Poland;
- They hold a Polish passport valid for at least the duration of their estimated stay in the country;
- They are aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30), both inclusive;
- They are not travelling accompanied by dependent family members, unless they get their own visa;
- They have not previously taken part in the Programme;
- They have no criminal record;
- They have sufficient funds for their maintenance during the initial period of their stay;
- They have a return ticket to their home country or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket;
- They hold medical and accident insurance including hospitalization and repatriation in case of sickness or death for the 12 months of authorized stay;
- They pay all fees required for the issuance of the visa.
Applicants are reminded that, upon obtaining a Working Holiday Visa, they will be authorized to stay in Argentina for a period of up to twelve (12) months, non-renewable. They may enter into and leave Argentina and work as an incidental aspect of their holiday in order to supplement their travel funds. They shall not work for more than a total of six (6) months during their stay. They may engage in one or more study courses for a total of up to six (6) months.
How to apply for the Work and Holiday Visa
The visa application is personal and must be submitted along with the following documentation (original and copies) in the Argentine Embassy in the Republic of Poland:
- Valid Polish passport with at least two blank pages;
- Completed visa application form;
- One front face photograph (4x4 cm) on white background;
- A criminal record search certificate issued by Polish authorities stating that the applicant has no criminal record for the last three years;
- An affidavit stating that the applicant has no criminal record in other countries;
- A return ticket to the Republic of Poland or a proof of sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket;
- Proof of sufficient funds for the applicant's maintenance during the initial period of stay (a minimum of EUR €2.500). This requirement may be fulfilled by submitting bank statements for the last three months or credit card statements;
- A reservation or a budget for medical and accident insurance for a minimum of EUR €30,000, including repatriation of human remains and sanitary repatriation;
- A payment receipt for the relevant visa fee (EUR €150);
- A motivation letter stating that the main purpose of the trip is to vacation in Argentina, being work an incidental aspect of the visit.
The fulfillment of these requirements does not guarantee the grant of a visa as this is an exclusive prerogative of the Argentine Government.