The agreements signed today in New Delhi between the governments of Argentina and India, in the context of the State Visit by President Mauricio Macri to India are the following:
- DEFENCE: Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in Defence. Knowledge sharing in the fields of Science, Technology, Production and Logistics for Defence, as well as sharing of experiences on United Nations Peacekeeping Missions.
- TOURISM: Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in Tourism. Bilateral cooperation in the tourism, commercial and accommodation sector. Encouragement of investments, visits by tour operators, media outlets and opinion formers and promotion of citizens' knowledge about the other country, which will increase tourism.
- BROADCASTING: Memorandum of Understanding between the Public System of Media and Prasar Bharati. Platform to work on multiple areas of mutual interest: creation of audiovisual contents, cooperation on specific animation and documentary production projects, knowledge sharing and scholarships, among others.
- CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES (CEIT): A training centre in advanced areas of computer technology is created in Buenos Aires. Contributions by the Indian government also include the supply of software and equipment to build four computing laboratories, a Technical Expert and training for Argentine experts in India.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES AND COMMUNICATION: Declaration of Intent on Cooperation in Information Technologies, Communication and Electronics. Knowledge and experience sharing in the fields of emerging technologies, such as cloud computing, artificial intelligence, Big Data, Blockchain, battery technologies, financial and digital inclusion.
- NUCLEAR ENERGY: Nuclear cooperation between the Global Center for Nuclear Energy Partnership (GCNEP) and the Argentine National Atomic Energy Commission (CNEA). Argentine technicians may attend training courses in India, and Argentina will benefit from Indian advice on the subject. Joint research is also expected.
- PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTS: Memorandum of Understanding between India's Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) and Argentina's National Administration of Drugs, Foods and Medical Devices (ANMAT). Through ANMAT's expertise, Argentina will seek to cooperate and share knowledge in the field of pharmaceutical production. Courses of action include: information sharing on generic drugs and medical instruments, mutual technical visits, cooperation on regulations, among others.
- AGROINDUSTRIAL COOPERATION: Action plan on cooperation between the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers' Welfare of India and the Ministry of Production and Labour or the Argentine Republic, within the Memorandum of Understanding signed in 2010. Cooperation scheme in order to share knowledge on the agro-industrial sector, in which Argentina stands out due to its expertise. Both countries have several areas of interest, among which the following are worth highlighting: biotechnology, genetic improvements, cloning, monitoring systems for fishery activities, wine production, among others.
- AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH: Action plan for 2019-21 between the Indian Council of Agricultural Research of India and the Secretary of Agro-Industry of the Ministry of Production and Labour or the Argentine Republic, within the Memorandum of Understanding signed in 2006. It will allow progress especially in the field of scientific research, technology and productive innovation, transfer of technology for development and production of a vaccine against the bovine sadness complex in India; development of high-yielding rice varieties against diseases, lodging and non-GMO herbicides resistance, aquaculture, germplasm, fish mariculture, use of agro-industrial by-products and the development of technological packages for sale, among other activities.
- ANTARCTICA: Memorandum of Understanding on Antarctic Cooperation. Update of the 2006 MoU.
- ENERGY: Framework Agreement of the International Solar Alliance. Argentina's accession to the International Solar Alliance, an Indian multilateral initiative aimed at lowering energy prices, promoting the development of low-carbon economies and facilitating large-scale implementation of existing solar technologies.
Press Release No. 056/19